Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Knitting Finish




 
I just finished this scarf/shawl last night. It used a self striping sock yarn so that part was easy! The ruffle on the left uses short rows. I didn't like them at first but got used to them. I don't mind them at all now. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or give it as a gift. It was fun to make and didn't really take too much time.
 

As you can see, our kitten likes it too! Her name is Molly and we've had her for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure if our older cat, Lily, likes her. She seems to tolerate her and hisses at her once in awhile. They do like chasing each other. I hope they  become best friends soon!


8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, making a shawl with self-striping yarn - I may just have to copy that idea sometime! Little Molly is lovely, and hopefully she & Lily will settle in and live happily together soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly! The self striping yarn does all the work! So easy! I hope the kitties become best friends! I hate hearing any hissing!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Molly knows what feels good for sure--this is really nice, Rosemary...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the term "short rows" for knitting, but I have never tried that technique. Your striped shawl is really cute, kitty included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly is very cute! When we brought Fred home as a kitten our old Jessie growled so much she lost her voice for three days! They then lived happily together for the next 12 years. I love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I just saw this! You made me feel better about Lily and Molly getting along. I have noticed that Molly cannot bear to leave poor Lily alone when she's napping. I think I'd hiss at her too! I'm hoping they become good friends eventually. I have a letter all ready for you but I'm having trouble printing it out. I'll get it out to you as soon as I can! XXOO Rosemary

      Delete
  5. P.S. Yes, Sarahsheep is me! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you! I love seeing what you're up to on Facebook!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...