Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Knitting Finish




 
I just finished this scarf/shawl last night. It used a self striping sock yarn so that part was easy! The ruffle on the left uses short rows. I didn't like them at first but got used to them. I don't mind them at all now. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or give it as a gift. It was fun to make and didn't really take too much time.
 

As you can see, our kitten likes it too! Her name is Molly and we've had her for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure if our older cat, Lily, likes her. She seems to tolerate her and hisses at her once in awhile. They do like chasing each other. I hope they  become best friends soon!


8 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, making a shawl with self-striping yarn - I may just have to copy that idea sometime! Little Molly is lovely, and hopefully she & Lily will settle in and live happily together soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gilly! The self striping yarn does all the work! So easy! I hope the kitties become best friends! I hate hearing any hissing!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Molly knows what feels good for sure--this is really nice, Rosemary...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the term "short rows" for knitting, but I have never tried that technique. Your striped shawl is really cute, kitty included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly is very cute! When we brought Fred home as a kitten our old Jessie growled so much she lost her voice for three days! They then lived happily together for the next 12 years. I love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I just saw this! You made me feel better about Lily and Molly getting along. I have noticed that Molly cannot bear to leave poor Lily alone when she's napping. I think I'd hiss at her too! I'm hoping they become good friends eventually. I have a letter all ready for you but I'm having trouble printing it out. I'll get it out to you as soon as I can! XXOO Rosemary

      Delete
  5. P.S. Yes, Sarahsheep is me! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you! I love seeing what you're up to on Facebook!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...