Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tea is Ready!






I didn't plan on finishing my little wall hanging but I did! I had planned on sewing but had a headache. I took a Motrin and decided to sit down, sew and relax. So nice to finish something! By the time I finished, my headache was gone and I felt fine. I feel as though I didn't waste my afternoon.

 
Before finishing, I thought basting the bottom flowers would be the best thing to do. They were moving around very easily. I tried using pins but they were hard to sew around. The basting really helped. It was a fun little project to make. I plan on hanging it in my kitchen.


Has anyone ever made a rag rug using leftover fabric? I bought this at JoAnn's. I thought it would be a neat way to use some of that leftover fabric as well as older fabric I have sitting around. It came with a nifty little tool as well as a booklet with detailed instructions. I read through the booklet very quickly. It doesn't seem too difficult but fabric strips need to be prepared ahead. I'll let you know how it goes if I actually start making a rug!

10 comments:

  1. Cutest wall hanging! My Grand'mere used to make rag rugs all the time--I can recall seeing the braided lengths coiled around in her workbasket. She used worn men's shirts, woolen strips or any old clothing strips. I used to help her to cut strips...have fun with your new project. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I can't start a new project right away but am looking into it. Sounds like a nice way to use up some of that stash!

      Delete
  2. it came out so well x .. now do you have a place to hang and show it off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for the perfect spot, Diane! Haven't decided for sure yet! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. This is just so cute!

    I am saving my strings too narrow to use to crochet a rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks like the strips have to be 2 inches wide. Might take a while to cut up my stash. Still thinking about it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty easy to make. The pieces were already cut. Made it so much easier!

      Delete
  5. I made rag quilts years ago. they are very sturdy and pretty. we had a friend who worked in a dress factory and she would bring us trash bags full of remnants to ball up and stitch. she herself made her living room rug. it was gorgeous! we crocheted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tool that came with the booklet reminds me of a crochet hook. I'd love to use my stash and put it to good use!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...