Wednesday, November 12, 2014

New/Old Patterns

 




I didn't buy too much from the vendors at A Quilter's Gathering. I absolutely love the things I did buy! I bought this new pattern from Sassafras Lane called Arcadia Avenue. It's a paper pieced pattern. I think each block is absolutely beautiful! I could make the entire quilt or just pick a few blocks for a small wall hanging. I just couldn't leave without it! It could be a Block of the Month but the booklet includes everything needed to make the quilt shown on the cover.



This next pattern was found by my friend. She knew I had to buy it. I have 2 cats named Lily and Molly. Well, this pattern is from QuiltLily Designs! It would "fit" into my house very nicely! I can imagine that the 2 kitties featured on the runner are my 2 cats! I'm sure they would like it also!

The only other items I bought was thread from Superior Threads. I bought variegated blues for my mom's quilt that I will be quilting soon. I love the variety of colors as well as the many variegated threads available.


I also started working on a kit I bought at MQX awhile ago. It's entitled Sewing Cat by Edyta Star of Laundry Basket Quilts. I just finished the cat's head as you can see! I used my preferred  method of freezer paper although the pattern is written for raw edge applique. I haven't done applique in awhile. I'm so glad I picked it up again. I really enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. Cute table runner pattern; Arcadia looks like quite a challenge to paper piece, but lovely...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look challenging! Think I'll just look at it for awhile! I always like the hard stuff!!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your progress on that Sassafras Lane pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might take awhile! Right now, I'm just staring at the pictures!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful paper pieced pattern. Love the Cats Tail TR! I had to check out the 'Sewing Cat' pattern.... so cute! Needless to say I love cats too, we have one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quilting kitties! They go so well with our quilts!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...