Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Arcadia Avenue Quilt Top is Done!!
I'm so happy to report that Arcadia Avenue is now a completed quilt top! I started sewing the first row together last week. I realized it was going to be a slow process. I worked on one row at a time at a pretty slow pace.
The top and bottom of the quilt has a row made up of 60 degree triangles made of the 2 background fabrics.
I added the top black row to the first row and then added the next row of hexagons.
Taking the paper off each block was also very time consuming. I realized taking the paper off before making the row was a lot better. Each block took 30-45 minutes to remove the paper from the back. My fingers are still sore from yanking that paper off!!
I decided today was the day to finish up the whole thing! I'll be at work for a few days in a row and won't have the time to work on it. I didn't want to wait! I put the last row together and added that last black row. Done!!
The black background is made up of 2 different fabrics. This picture gives you a better idea.
This quilt finishes up at 72" by 90". I plan on giving this quilt a nice ironing. It will have to wait to be machine quilted. I need another quilt top finished for the fall. It's still a good feeling to have this one done. I'm leaving it out in my foyer for a little while. Just so I can keep looking at it!!
I haven't done much sewing or quilting at all. I'm still adjusting to the passing of my dad. However, I would like to get to Ar...
Our quilt guild gave little demonstrations at our last meeting. I liked the microwave bowl cozy. I came home and googled it. The dire...
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I...
My Scrappy Quilt top is all done! The border tripped me up for a little while. I just wasn't sure what to do. I had originally plan...