Wednesday, August 12, 2015

FMQ Rock Candy





I finally decided how to quilt Rock Candy. I decided to make an FMQ loop that would fill in the diamond shape. I also outlined each diamond.


It's easy to see my FMQ on some of the darker diamonds. I'm using Aurfil 50wt thread in gray. Bottom Line, in a silver color, is being used in the bobbin.


This next picture is even closer.


I didn't have to outline each diamond. If  I didn't outline each diamond, I would have to cut thread each time I quilted inside the diamond. I could easily travel from one diamond to another using the outlined seams.

Now, I have to figure out what to do with the small border around the diamonds.

Decisions, decisions.........

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty choice for the quilting. I love all the bright batiks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Sometimes, I have no idea how to quilt something. Figured I would try this. I think it's fine!

      Delete
  2. this is really gorgeous--love the color you chose to quilt with...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's always a tough decision. I think it's coming out good!

      Delete
  3. I love the loops! They add such interesting flow to the diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I wanted to fill in the diamond shape but also keep away from paisley shapes. This one worked out well! Glad I tried it!

      Delete
  4. love your quilting and the colors are so fun

    ReplyDelete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...