Wednesday, September 16, 2015

More Scrap Blocks


This is the latest block I've made for my Scrap Bag Quilt. Each of these little blocks are 5 1/2 inches square. Four of these blocks make a 10 1/2 inch block to join the other blocks I've made. I noticed I had plenty of scraps but not enough of them to make a 10 1/2 inch block. I can use those smaller scraps by making these smaller version. I also think these smaller versions will add more interest to the quilt.


Here are my blocks so far. I haven't worked on them too much. I'm so close to finishing the machine quilting on the mystery quilt that I've been working on that as much as I can!  I have to get it done for the quilt show next month. I'm not used to working with a deadline! I'll be relieved when it's all finished. Pictures coming soon!! (I hope!!)

6 comments:

  1. They are so cute! That will make a fun quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to put my scraps to good use!

      Delete
  2. I like the interest the smaller blocks combined give to this piece--really cute hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm hoping to mix it up a little!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love the mixture of the big blocks with the smaller! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Just a sneaky way of using up more scraps!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...