Monday, December 18, 2023

Stormy Monday


Today has been a miserable day! We've had heavy rains and high winds. We lost power around 6:30AM. My husband hooked up the generator a little after 7 but the actual power came back around 11AM. It wasn't too bad but that wind was awful! It kept me up most of the night. I never take naps but I'm actually considering taking one this afternoon. I thought I'd share this picture of my neighbor's house. Look at his lamppost! We  had wind gusts up to 55mph. I felt as though we were experiencing a hurricane! The wind and rain have calmed down but it's still dark and stormy,


 I usually don't turn on my sewing machines on days like these. I've been sitting on the couch knitting socks for my husband. I've made him a few pairs in the past but he always seems to get a hole in them. I thought I'd make him a new pair. I'm still knitting the leg which is made up of 3 knits and one purl. It's kind of nice to sit on the couch and knit today. Lily is curled up next to me keeping me warm. I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. It did feel like hurricane winds here, too...on the Saybrook Bridge this
    morning our SUV was dancing for sure--scarey!!
    Nice socks--I hope to try to crochet myself a pair for around the house...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that weather system has moved on! What a day! I'm glad I could work on those socks today. It kept me calm!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like quite a weather. Glad you didn't have to get out. Always nice staying inside in such weather. I prefer not to use the sewing machine or iron during bad weather too. Ages since I've knitted socks. I should make 1-2 pairs for the tropical 'winter', which feels rather cold (even if the temperature tells something else!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful that I don't work anymore! I used to start at 6am. I bet it was pretty bad out at that time today. I feel I'm protecting my machines by keeping them unplugged. I enjoy knitting socks although it's getting harder to find sock yarn.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...