Tuesday, December 12, 2023

State Fair Sampler Quilt Top

I finished this quilt top last week but couldn't take pictures of it. The painters had my floors covered with paper or plastic and there was paint everywhere. They're gone for now. They still have a few things to work on while different areas of the house dry. Anyways, I couldn't take a picture of the entire quilt due to it's size. The quilt measures approximately 92" X 97" give or take. This is the middle of the quilt.


This is the left side. I really love how it came out. The black is such a great contrast with that solid fabric. The colors look so vibrant!


This is the right side. Some of these blocks were so difficult but it all worked out in the end! My two halves matched perfectly. I was a bit nervous to sew the final seam but it was much easier than expected. I'm planning on quilting the Carrie Hall Sampler Quilt next. I feel that will be great practice before tackling this one. I'm just not sure when I'll get to it. This time of year is so busy and I'm so behind with all the painting. I'll get to it eventually!

4 comments:

  1. This is a stunning quilt, Rosemary--just so beautiful--I also love that black background--all the colors just pop. Great job ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I still can't believe I finished the top. It's too big!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, WOW! I love this quilt. those colors are fantastic. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!! Yes, the black sets off the bright colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...