Thursday, December 28, 2023

I Like Thursday #217 Christmas Edition


It's the Thursday after Christmas and I'm still recuperating! My house was a wreck but it's getting back to normal. I'm trying to put away all the gifts but I still have more to do. Anyways, I got these oven mitts from a dear quilting friend. She's been sick and she still found time to make these. I really appreciated her thoughtfulness. 


My future daughter-in-law set up a Bloody Mary station as soon as she got to our house Christmas Day. It certainly brightened up the day! My mom even enjoyed her drink before dinner. It certainly mellowed everyone out!


We had great desserts this year. My mother made her wandie as she usually does for the holidays.


My future daughter-in-law also made this dessert plate that was worthy of Pinterest! Lots of good stuff there. My son helped her make everything. I was impressed!


I made Gingerbread Cake. The recipe came from this month's Food Network magazine. It came out really good. I tried to make it look festive.

That's my week in a nutshell. I'm hoping to get back to quilting and my usual schedule with Christmas over. It's sad it's over but it's so work intensive that I don't mind! I'm linking up with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. Hope you visit her blog!


8 comments:

  1. It’s fun to have Christmas oven mitts etc. makes the kitchen festive during all the business! We had an egg nog cake, a first for us! And did a baked potato bar instead of a huge dinner! Went over well, with my adult grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the baked potato bar! Sounds so fun. I almost made an egg nog cake. I bet it was delicious!

      Delete
  2. I love that your future DIL contributes so generously! She must feel really comfortable with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! She's very nice and easy to get along with.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this... and how well you get along with the future DIL...and I want a bloody mary! and I want one of each of the desserts
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna. You're invited anytime! I'll make sure we have lots of desserts for you!

      Delete
  4. What a nice friend! Ah - Christmas eating!! What a desert plate! And that gingerbread cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...