Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Longarm Quilting on New Year's


Happy  New Year 2024! We had Chinese food New Year's Eve and enjoyed a quiet first day of 2024. We took down the Christmas decorations the morning of New Year's Eve so we didn't have to worry about that yesterday.


I quilted clamshells on this one. This is one of my favorites. I've used it many times and feel really comfortable with it. I outlined the stem and flower but also did a few loops in the larger applique pieces.

I quilted stacked swirls in this one. It's so hard to have to quilt around these large applique pieces. Practicing on plain fabric is so much easier!

This pattern is a swirl with a curly circle around it. I have to go back and quilt the inside of the applique. I can only do part of the block since my machine opening is only 18 inches.


I loved being able to use curved crosshatching somewhere on this quilt! These triangles were perfect for this pattern. I love using my boomerang ruler. It's quick and easy. You just have to line it up on the proper line.

That's it so far. I'm going in the other direction now so I can finish quilting these large applique blocks. 

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful quilting you are doing!! This will be so gorgeous nice work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I haven't free motion quilted in a long time. I can see some areas I need in improvement but it's coming along!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #233

 It's I Like Thursday time! We post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to l...