Thursday, January 11, 2024

I Like Thursday #219


It's time for I Like Thursday. It's been quite a week. We got close to 19 inches of snow Saturday night and then all day Sunday. It didn't last long however. We received over 2 inches of rain and temperatures close to 50 degrees Tuesday night into Wednesday. Such crazy weather! I believe climate change is a real thing although I know some people don't agree. The weather has been very different lately in my area. 


I've been working on these socks for my husband very slowly. I finally turned the heel which means the end is near! The JoAnn's near me doesn't seem to have any sock yarn so I ordered some online. Sock yarn is one of my favorites. You can make shawls, booties, and of course, socks! It's my favorite weight of yarn.



Since Christmas is over, we got a new house for the cats. It's the Love Chariot just in time for Valentine's Day! As you can see, each cat seems to be enjoying sitting in the chariot. It's two levels with scratch pads at both locations. We got it from Chewy. We always try to get 2 levels so each cat can use it at the same time.


 I just finished this book and it was excellent. The Red Cross had female volunteers during WWII that drove little vans where they would make coffee and doughnuts for the troops. They were located right in the thick of the fighting. I had never hear of the Donut Dollies as they were called. The author wrote this book based on his mother's experiences as a Dolly. The characters are fictional but much is based on what happened to his mother during the war. It's a real tearjerker! 

Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find more bloggers with positive posts. We're expecting more rain tomorrow night. It just never ends! Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. That chariot is adorable! Lucky cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! Hope the cats appreciate these houses!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! I absolutely do believe in climate change but this is an El Nina year which always spells odd weather. In our area (Chicago), we've not had any snow until this week. That is very ODD. I didn't know there is a sock-weight yarn! Thanks for mentioning that. Fascinating chariot and book - I've never heard of the Donut Dollies either. Oh gosh, I don't need a tearjerker though . . . {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it is El Nina, but it's still somewhat severe. We're close to 50 degrees now when we got 19" snow just a few days ago. We've had almost 11" rain since December 1. It's just weird! You'll love that book if you don't mind shedding a few tears!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got a lot of snow! We got not quite half that. You always get the best kitty houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The snow is just about gone! Just in time for the next rainstorm coming over night! I wish my cats could know how good they have it!

      Delete
  4. I do love your snowy scene - we're presently scorching here in parts of New Zealand.Never seen a home for the two kitties like this one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe that we're so snowy and you're so hot! My cats love sitting in their chariot! It's so funny. I always wonder who has the job do design these things! So fun!!

      Delete
  5. Hi, your Tulip quilting in the last post is exquisite, Rosemary. How thoughtful to have two levels so each cat can have their space...looks so neat. Sock knitting is so great for a snowy day. Ideal really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! It's so hard to get warm! I just like to sit on the couch and knit while under a warm blanket. Haha!!

      Delete
  6. oooo the love chariot! Climate change is very real and a threat to survival. All the world scientists are not wrong, but a few who don't want to give up some things, just might be! We are the same, lot of snow, melts in a day or so or turns to ice in the sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting snow again for the next few days. Warm up at the end of the week. Crazy!!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...