Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tulip Quilting




I've been trying to get some quilting done in between these storms! We had 19 inches of snow this past Sunday. We lost power for a very short time but was afraid to get the longarm going during a storm. We're expecting rain and high wind tonight so I'm not sure I can use it tomorrow. I plan on making some progress this afternoon. I thought I would just share what I've done with the center square. This was one difficult block to put together. There were Y-seams as well as applique. I wasn't sure how to quilt it. I was going to go in one direction, but got inspired before I started! 

I quilted a loop meander in the outer background. I made arcs in the pink diamond.


 I echoed the outer part of the tulip and quilted straight lines in the background triangles. The part between the tulips was such an odd shape. This came to mind and I did it! I outlined and then made wishbones in that odd area. So glad it came out this good! I'm still trying to decide what to do in the next block. Too many decisions but I love quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you ended up quilting this one;))) Love those wish bones--just a perfect choice;)))) Hope power stays on tonight for you....
    thinking we may finally use our new generator...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We got a generator a few years ago and have used it twice. It certainly comes in handy! I bet we'll have to use it tomorrow. Hope not for long!

      Delete
  2. Pretty block and I can see it wasn't an easy way quilting it. I love how you did it, it's beautiful! Hope the weather improves and you won't lose power. Stay inside, stay warm! We are in the heat (and humidity!) of summer, phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! I'm happy with the results so far. The wind is starting up and it's raining over the 18+ inches of snow we got Sunday. I'm expecting a mess outside. I'll definitely stay in tomorrow!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...