Tuesday, January 16, 2024

More Applique & Quilting


It's another snow day in my area. It's a great day to stay in. I just finished echo quilting this applique block. It's the first time I've tried just echoing the applique. I probably didn't do it all correctly but I like the way it came out. I felt there wasn't enough background to try a quilting motif. I decided echoing was the way to go!


 I quilted swirls in the background of this block. I thought a few feathers would look good in that middle area. These blocks are wider than the opening of my longarm so I've had to do each block in sections. It's working out okay. I work my way across the quilt and then work in the other direction. So far, so good! I'm a little more than halfway done. Quilting slowly, but surely!

3 comments:

  1. That echo quilting is just perfect for that beautiful block, Rosemary!!

    Isn't this just the darkest afternoon? We've begun having snow again after 1st snow, then freezing rain/drizzle...yuck. Our driveway is a total frozen slushy mess!!
    Take care it's slippery underfoot out there...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I was so glad I could just stay home today and not have to drive in that mess. This weather has just been awful lately!

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of echo quilting in blocks, yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #233

 It's I Like Thursday time! We post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to l...