Thursday, January 4, 2024

I Like Thursday #218


Welcome to I Like Thursday! It's time to post happy and positive topics. If you visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color, you'll be able to link up to more bloggers with similar content. I got this great picture from my college roommate. It's already hanging proudly in my sewing room. It fits in quite nicely with my other sewing inspired wall hangings. It's the perfect gift for me!


The prompt this week is about appetizers. I actually love appetizers but rarely eat them because if I start eating them, I'll never get to the main course. I found this picture on line but my future daughter-in-law made this recipe for Christmas Eve dinner. They were so good! She used mini-bagels with cheese, cucumber and lox. I could have eaten them all night! I like appetizers too much! We've had meals made up of appetizers which I love! Too bad most of this stuff is jam packed with calories. 


My husband received a cast iron pan with recipe book for Christmas.  He made this skillet corn bread. It is the best! I use it as a side dish to my meal. So good! I could make a whole meal out of one thick slice!!


Look how cute my kitties look sleeping so close to each other! This is rare to see with these two. I thought it was a Christmas miracle! They fight and play but never snuggle together. This is the closest I've seen them.

Have a wonderful weekend! They're predicting about a foot of snow for Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that!

13 comments:

  1. I am with you, I can totally make a meal out of appetizers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful picture from your friend. The appetizers like your future DIL made look delicious. I’ve never had lox and bagels, but I’m sure I’d like them! A cooking/baking husband! What a lucky girl you are! Cornbread is a favorite here too. Turns any meal into a special one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I replied to you last week. It disappeared! Thank you for your comment. Every time I see that picture, I think of my friend and how thoughtful she is. The cornbread is long gone and I miss it!

      Delete
  3. What a fun picture. Lox and bagels are such a good combo. That corn bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I've got to get back to my pre-holiday eating!

      Delete
  4. Hello Rosemary, and Happy New Year! Oooh, I love cornbread - that looks so good. My husband makes a fabulous salmon and caper sauce that he serves over toasted English muffins. To die for - your future daughter-in-law's recipe reminded me of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband's recipe sounds delicious! That cornbread was so moist and yummy. Too bad it's gone. I took a peek at your blog and love your cross stitch! I'm slowly getting back into cross stitching. I used to cross stitch way back before my kids were born. I really enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. love of appetizers... you might have fun at a dim sum brunch,... or tapas dinners made of little dishes. So much variety in one bite! I loved dim sum brunches myself. Several times friends and I made dinner of appetizers at restaurants, so we all had a lot of variety.
    I too love them. LeeAnna (gentle pets to your kitties for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! The kitties also thank you! Making a meal of small dishes is a great way to try those great appetizers. I would love it!

      Delete
  6. What a lot of snow with more to come. Wow! Sweet little kitties. You never know what they'll do from minute to minute!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...