Sunday, January 28, 2024

Border Crosshatching

 




I wasn't sure what to quilt in the border of Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. I didn't want anything that looked too modern. I've never done crosshatching in a border before on the longarm. I've done it by hand quilting but never on the machine. I watched a video by Jamie Wallen that gave me the courage to try it! I didn't want to mark anything. So, this picture shows the crosshatching completed in one direction on the top border. 


I completed the crosshatching using this 90 degree ruler. I think it came out pretty good especially for my first time!


This is how the top border looks with a completed crosshatching. I'm working on the sides of the quilt as I advance. I can only quilt in one direction. When I'm done the whole quilt, I have to go back and quilt the crosshatching in the other direction so it will be complete. It really doesn't take long since I'm not marking any lines. I just have to be careful and line up the ruler at the correct line. I think this design fits the quilt very nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...