Tuesday, January 23, 2024

More FMQ and Ruler Work

I'm slowly quilting my applique quilt, Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. I had this little strip of squares and triangles used to offset some of blocks. I made arcs in the squares to make flowers as well as arcs in the triangles. I like how it came out. My curved rulers do all the work for me! I don't mark anything. I use the markings on the rulers as the guides.


I free motion quilted flames in the background. I used ribbon candy on the yellow portion of the pomegranate. 

This is just another view of the same block.  There aren't many blocks yet but still decisions to be made as I start each block. I'm looking forward to see how it looks when it's all done. Getting there!!


 

8 comments:

  1. You have become a fantastic quilter--such beautiful work..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! That means a lot to me since you're such a great quilter yourself!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Great job with your ruler work. Slow and steady will get you to the finish line. I'm very impressed with your work. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is always so beautiful. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...