Knit Weekend Jacket


I bought a kit from Craftsy at the end of the summer. I don't usually buy knit kits but this was such a great deal! I couldn't resist! I like big sweaters that don't need much fitting. This pattern looked like something I would enjoy to knit as well as wear. The picture uses yarn with purple and aqua in it.
I chose a variegated blue denim. It's knit using James Brett Marble Chunky yarn and uses size 9 needles.


Here's the back of my jacket. I'm making a medium size. It seems to fall about mid thigh. The neat thing about this pattern is that it's knit sideways. I thought I was making it incorrectly when the back piece started with the same amount of stitches as the sides. After remembering it's knit sideways, it made more sense and I wasn't afraid to continue!


Here's the left side.


 And the right!


This is the first sleeve. It's a fun project that knits up quickly due to that chunky yarn. I hope I have it finished soon so I can use it in this chilly weather.

Comments

  1. What a lovely pattern your color choice is pretty, too--I have never knit sideways--looks interesting....
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Julierose! It's so odd to be knitting this way but it seems to be working out okay!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! I love the yarn you chose! It's turning out so pretty! Sorry to have been out of touch for so long, but this year has been a year I don't want repeated. I got off FB too as I didn't have time for that either. Things are slowing down just a little and I've done some knitting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful to hear from you! I sent you a private message. Hope to hear from you soon!!

      Delete
    2. I've been out of the loop for so long, so please forgive me for asking where I can find your private message? I'm not on FB anymore. Or, you can just email me at mrssharon62@gmail.com.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Microwave Bowl Cozy Tutorial

More on Scrap Project

My Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt