Sunday, June 5, 2016

Green Tea and Sweet Beans Update


I've been working steadily on Jen Kingwell's Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. It's such a great quilt to make. I feel it's a real skill builder. There are so many different techniques involved with all of the various quilt blocks. This is the Wedding Chain Block that measures 6 1/2" square.


I finished the Double Drunkards Path blocks. I made these blocks using a combination of machine as well as hand piecing. They certainly took me awhile! They measure 8 1/2" square.


These are the Lozenges blocks. I loved using all the different fabrics on these two. The more fabric, the better! (At least, for this quilt!) These blocks are 6 1/2" square. 

The next block looks difficult. I may have to figure out my own way of sewing it together. I'll post it eventually!!

10 comments:

  1. Designs by Jen Kingwell are real beauties but pretty complex, I love fabrics for this pattern. The Double Drunkards Path blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm learning all sorts of techniques I never knew before. A bit nerve wracking, but fun!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful groups of blocks! I really like those Kaffee Fasset fabrics on the Wedding chain block...it looks tricky...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! You can't go wrong with Kaffe Fassett fabrics! It was easier than it looks!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely fabric and great piecing of course...I particularly like the Wedding Chain block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your choice of fabrics. it is going to be a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope so! I'll keep posting my pictures!

      Delete
  5. I love those double drunkard's path blocks. Too bad they were so complicated, can you imagine how cool a whole quilt made of those blocks would be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make a wonderful quilt but so hard!! Not sure I could make that many! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...