More on Scrap Project
The main body of my scrap project is done! I still have 2 borders left but only one border includes scrap squares. I feel as though I've been cutting squares forever! I have about 100 left to cut. That doesn't sound too bad after getting this far for this project!
I started in the middle and have been working my way out towards the outer borders. This last border had the most squares. I had to cut 200 squares just for the last 2 sides. It's a great way of working through my stash to see what I actually have. I have forgotten I even owned most of these fabrics. So nice to be able to use them.
The next border also introduces a new background fabric. In the sample, it's a very pale aqua. This picture isn't too accurate. I chose a grayish blue solid. I went to the quilt shop and auditioned quite a few fabrics but this one looked the best to me. Hope it looks good when added to the mix of fabrics so far. I'll let you know!