Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Quiet Sunday Afternoon


It seems the winter weather has finally found us. I stayed in today and worked on a few projects while sitting on the couch. Due to the cold temperatures moving in, I started a knitting project. I couldn't resist this yarn. I bought it the Mancuso Quilt show this past summer. It's a fingering weight yarn whose color is jewel box. Isn't is so pretty?? I'm going to make a shawl. I could have made socks but I want this gorgeous yarn to be seen!


I'm also doing a little applique for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I have all my stems ready. I use freezer paper to prepare my applique pieces. The leaves are all ready also but I have yet to choose the flower fabrics. I'll work on the greens first. 

I also worked on a little free motion quilting but didn't get very far. I think I really just wanted to sit on the couch and rest. My husband has a cold so we're sitting here enjoying our afternoon. 

Hope you had a nice weekend! Can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! Time is flying!

4 comments:

  1. That yarn is so pretty, and my favorite colors...Jewel tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I thought of you when I saw the color!

      Delete
  2. that yarn is gorgeous. it is funny how when the weather turns colder we hunker down with a hand project. and dont you know it once Thanksgiving is here, Christmas will not be far behind at all. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hand projects must be comforting in the cool weather! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...