Sunday, July 16, 2017

Patchwork Swoon Quilted!

Image may contain: indoor

I finished quilting Patchwork Swoon! So excited! I didn't think it was coming out that great but it looks so much better off the longarm. I tried all sorts of ruler work and I think it came out fine. I tried an idea from the magazine Machine Quilting Unlimited. Bethanne Nemesh had a nice idea about a border pattern and I did it. 
No automatic alt text available.

This is just a small picture of the border. The feathers start very small from the middle of the border but get larger as you reach each corner. Then the open area is filled in with loops. I marked everything before I loaded the quilt top. It makes a nice "frame" to the quilt. 

Image may contain: indoor

Here's the back. Love seeing that texture!

No automatic alt text available.

Here's the fabric I'll be using for the binding. So cute!!

10 comments:

  1. This is very nice! One of my favorite patterns. But you did so much more work with the tiny squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammy! I'll have to admit that quilting those squares was the fastest part of the whole quilting process! I use a circle ruler and I just flip and sew as I go down the rows!

      Delete
  2. Your quilting adds so much pizzazz to the quilt! I like the textured effect you got in the blue outer blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Was hoping it would bring the quilt pattern to life! I feel like the solid almost becomes a print with the added quilting.

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful finish...that binding fabric will really set it off so well....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that quilt. it is on my bucket list......after I finish the 100 UFOs I have started LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I have lots of UFOs too! Why do we keep starting new projects???

      Delete
  5. Beautiful - I love that block and how you've done it. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raewyn! It was fun and difficult at the same time but I'm happy with the results!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...