Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More Hexies



I only have one side of my border left to quilt! I'm almost done. However, I need something to do when I watch TV. Hard to machine quilt while you're nice and comfy on the couch! So, I've been working on my hexagons. I love making them although I do find them time intensive. I have another one all set to sew together and then I'll sew them onto my hexagon quilt top.


Isn't this yarn pretty? Not sure how great the color looks in this photo but it's a nice soft grey. It's actually meant for a baby project but I'm knitting a summer shrug for myself using this incredibly soft yarn. I think it will come in handy during the summer when the A/C is running full force.

I'm hoping to post a picture of a completely quilted Puzzle Box Quilt very soon! I'm starting to get the binding ready. A sure sign a finished quilt is coming right up!!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Love when they make a little design of their own.

      Delete
  2. I love your hexie flowers! So pretty! Looking forward to seeing your finished Puzzle Box Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I'm looking forward to finishing it up too!

      Delete
  3. I love your hexie flowers! So pretty! Looking forward to seeing your finished Puzzle Box Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little hexies, and I'm intrigued by your Puzzle Box quilt as my hubby collects puzzle boxes! Mechanical ones, not jigsaws. Look forward to seeing it.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hexies are just glowing with color! I like that yarn--so soft looking have a great time sewing in front of the tv...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I feel less guilt when I'm parked in front of the tv if my hands are busy!

      Delete
  6. I've gotten hooked on making the hexagons. I'm currenty working on a tablerunner with the hexagon flowers appliqued to it. Love the colors of your hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you see my hexagon quilt top. It's made up of many of my scraps. Would like to know what you think! I'll post pictures soon. Would love to see your tablerunner!

      Delete
  7. Great use of stripes in your hexies! They really do make a great tv watching project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy sewing/knitting while watching tv. Gives me something to do while being lazy!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...