Saturday, March 8, 2014

More Tone It Down Blocks


I have 5 blocks down! Only 15 more to go! These blocks take forever to cut but I love making them. They aren't too hard to sew together. I try and sew the smallest pieces together first. Once the 9 patches and 4 patches are sewed together, everything matches up. (Unless I've goofed along the way!)

I thought you might like to sew one block completely cut but not sewed together.


You can definitely see how the block will come out but there are so many pieces!

Here's the block all finished!


Doesn't it look so much neater?? The directions are wonderful and clear so it goes together quite easily.

I have to start cutting out the next block. I've been working the last few days and got a cold on top of it. I'm hoping to get going on the next block. So glad I've got lots of Sudafed and Benadryl at the house. Just hope the sneezing stops!

8 comments:

  1. I love your colors on this block; I've only ever seen it in just red and white--in an old quilt mag, I think. What a whole lot of pieces--this is going to be so lovely...great work...hugs,--stay warm--fingers crossed on the latest storm predictions Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the colors really perk up this block. I'm glad I decided to make this. I hope that storm leaves us alone!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. With 5 blocks done you can really see the design coming together. Lots of pieces, but at least there are no bias edges. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why it's so easy to sew together! Everything just seems to fit so nicely! I love seeing the block come together.

      Delete
  3. love your color choices! I made this in a king size, "Burgoyne surrounded" is what it was called when I did it. I enjoyed doing it. The post on quiltingboard.com is here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-scrappy-burgoyne-surrounded-king-size-1-5-strips-squares-mostly-t219008.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky! I think using the scrappy background and more vibrant colors is updating the pattern. I'll have to check out that post.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maureen. It's so fun to make this block. I have to start the next one!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...