Friday, June 26, 2015

FMQ Friday


I finally started to free motion quilt the sashing of the Ladies of Downton Abbey quilt. I had originally wanted to quilt this loopy pattern but I saw a few other patterns to consider. I tried quilting them and didn't like it very much, I tried to practice them but they still didn't look that good. So, I decided to go back to my original idea.


I'm glad I finally started it! I feel it complements the quilting I've done on the blocks. I think the amount of quilting will be consistent throughout the quilt. That's always a good thing! The picture above shows the back of the quilt.


This picture isn't the best but you can see the variegated thread surrounding 2 sides of this block. I'm glad I went with this pattern. There's a lot of sashing on this quilt but I'm happy I've started on it. Sometimes that first step is the hardest!!

10 comments:

  1. love your quilting. wish I had time to practice to be that good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice words! Not sure I'm that good!!

      Delete
  2. That's an amazing amount of quilting you've done already! Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I just want to get it done at this point! It's taken too long!!

      Delete
  3. Great choice for the sashing...love that design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! I always have a hard time deciding what design to use. I think this one will be fine!

      Delete
  4. It looks like a perfect fmq choice - it will be gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...