Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Rock Candy

 


I finally found the time to make a Rock Candy Table Topper by Jaybird Quilts. I've had the pattern for quite a while. It was always one of the projects I wanted to get to "next". I also had the Sidekick Ruler which makes this pattern so much easier! (There is a template included in case you don't have the Sidekick Ruler.) The topper finished at 20 1/2" X 23". You also need 1 Charm Pack or 18 - 5 inch squares. I have a few charm packs but I thought the bright batiks would work out the best.


You make 6 sections that are made up of 6 diamonds and 4 triangles.


I sewed them into pairs.


Then I added another section to make one half of the topper.


I put 2 halves together.


All I had left to add were the borders.


It's done! It reminds me of my paper pieced hexagons for Arcadia Avenue. But no paper piecing! I have to machine quilt it. It will be nice to display during the summer. Hope you enjoyed seeing me make my Rock Candy Table Topper, It's a nice quick project that comes out great!

6 comments:

  1. I love that pattern! I think it looks especially nice in batiks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I like your Rock Candy Table Topper too! I think you inspired me!

      Delete
  2. That is gorgeous!!! The jewel-toned batiks with the black are so rich looking and the piecing is ideal to complete the "feel". Can't wait to see it quilted!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! It was so fun to be able to finish this table topper. I will definitely be quilting it soon!

      Delete
  3. Lovely, it's come up great in those fabrics. Have fun with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...