Monday, January 16, 2017

Two Baby Quilts

No automatic alt text available.

The Piece of Cake baby quilt is all finished! I sewed on the binding and finished it last week. I washed it and got that lovely texture from the machine quilting.

No automatic alt text available.

This is the Quilts for Kids quilt I was working on. It's all done. 

No automatic alt text available.

Here's a closeup so you can see the quilting better. I made loops in the inner border. I stippled the large areas as well as the outer border. I used a circle ruler to make those curves in the squares. I was very unsure about how to hold the ruler when I started. By the time I finished this quilt, I felt so much more comfortable with the whole process.

No automatic alt text available.

I feel the back gives you a better view of the quilting. Not bad for one of my first completed quilts on the longarm! Looking forward to more quilting!

4 comments:

  1. two great quilts. love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My quilting is coming along. Always need to practice!!

      Delete
  2. Cute quilts; love your fancy quilting--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Love trying new quilt patterns! Some work better than others!

      Delete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...