Thursday, May 3, 2018

Border Quilting On Ringo Lake!

No automatic alt text available.

I'm in the process of quilting the borders of On Ringo Lake. I decided on loops for the small inner border. I felt swirls would be a good choice for the outer border. 

Image may contain: indoor

I was going to change the thread to black for the inner border. But I decided to take the risk and keep the thread the same grey I had used throughout the quilt. I think it was more laziness on my part as opposed to risk taking! Anyways, I think it came out fine. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is just a closeup of the border quilting. I have 3 sides left to quilt! I can't believe it's almost done! I'm already thinking about the binding. Happy dance!!


8 comments:

  1. looks great. isnt it nice to see the finishline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, very bold to use the light colored thread on the dark fabric, but why not? It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilting--it does look pretty with all those loops...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Julierose! This one was quite a challenge for me. So big!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...