Sunday, September 16, 2018

Serendipity Star Quilted

No automatic alt text available.

I just finished quilting Serendipity Star Table Runner. I really love how it came out. It was nice to quilt something that didn't take very long. This runner just took me a few days. It would have taken even less time but I had to work and sometimes I just don't feel like quilting when I get home. 

No automatic alt text available.

I wanted to try something new in the border. This is variation of ribbon candy. It's a little bit out of my comfort zone but I thought I would try it anyway. It didn't come out perfect but it's okay. The challenge was that I had all these corners that I had to navigate. It's not my best work but I'm leaving it! 


I'm an avid reader and wanted to share what I'm reading at the moment. This book is so good! I'm having a hard time putting it down! If you get the chance to read this book, do it! You won't be sorry!

8 comments:

  1. Love your runner and the quilting looks great to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your runner is lovely--just beautiful quilting--
    I read a whole lot, too, thanks for the tip..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! You'll love that book. What a great read!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I read that book as well...it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I want to keep reading but I don't want it to end!!

      Delete
  4. Pretty, pretty table topper, and you're quilting really gives it a 3 dimensional look. I think there is a PBS movie version of that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! So glad you told me! I watched the first episode on line today after work. It follows the book really well. It's so good!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...