Sunday, December 23, 2018

Thread Catcher

Image may contain: plant

I should be wrapping gifts, baking or cleaning but I ended up making a thread catcher instead! I found the pattern online awhile ago and found it in my sewing room. I thought it would be a fun quick project. I didn't have time for anything too involved!

No automatic alt text available.

I sewed each half of the body to the bottom.

No automatic alt text available.

I added batting and made a grid as my quilting pattern.  I just used my regular sewing machine. I was keeping things nice and easy!

Image may contain: plant and drink

I sewed up the sides and boxed the corners. I added a narrow contrasting fabric strip to the top.

No automatic alt text available.

I prepared my lining. These are all leftover Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I love them!

Image may contain: indoor

I sewed everything right sides together. I left an opening in the lining and this is what I pulled out! Voila! My new thread catcher!

Back to preparing for the holiday. I think I have a love/hate relationship with the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Did it seem odd to do the quilting on your domestic sewing machine? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Em, it did seem weird! I thought straight lines would be my best bet. It worked out well!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...