I'm on the 9th month of the Laurel Ridge BOM designed by Lynn Wilder. This month we had to make 16 blocks known as 9 Patch in a Star. These were tedious and the pieces were small! I would sew and measure just to make sure I was accurate. It was slow going but worth it in the end. I got my 16 blocks measuring at 5.5" square. I'm glad these are done.
I'm finally retired and feel I can do what I love. I'm so happy to be out of the rat race! I try to quilt, read and knit as much as possible. I love to get comments and will respond to each and every one! I hope you enjoy my little blog as much as I do! Thank you for visiting me!
Monday, September 8, 2025
Progress on 2 BOMs
I'm working on the last block of the Frightful Fun BOM. This will be a fun haunted house! It will measure 24" square. It's definitely on the large size and has many sections to work on. I love adding those little scary characters in the windows! So fun!
We had a very rainy weekend so I had plenty of time to sew. I stayed inside and sewed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boston Meetup
We drove into Boston Saturday morning and met my friend, Sarah, and her husband Simon. Their cruise ship docked near the Seaport area so we ...
-
I bought this wonderful book. I've been looking through it and drooling over the beautiful quilting. The author includes many proje...
-
I had my day planned yesterday but it just didn't work. I had a dental appointment that went well. I had hoped to come home and write up...
-
I finally sewed the borders onto my Puzzle Box Quilt top. I had sewn the blocks together a few weeks ago. I decided on a plain black border....


Haunted house is so cute--nice that you could just take the weekend and sew--your BOM is coming together beautifully!! Lots of small pieces--good for you staying with it...Enjoy this lovely cool weather--
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julierose
Thank you so much! Both of these BOMs are fun to work on. I'm so glad the air is nice and dry! This weekend was brutal!
Delete