Friday, May 22, 2026

Kitty Block #9


 I'm moving right along on the Whiskers N Catnip quilt by Deb's Cats N Quilts. This is the 9th block in the quilt and it uses that block in my last post, a split cat's cradle. Each corner has a split cat's cradle as well as flying geese in between the corners. It measures 12.5" square. There are 9 blocks in the main part of the quilt but I'll also be making 4 identical blocks for each corner of the flying geese border. I'm getting there!


As I work on the blocks, I also make flying geese for the borders. These borders measure about 36.5" X 4.5" so far. I still have more to go! I'm really enjoying working on this quilt. I'm taking my time and enjoying the process, which is not what I usually do. 

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! It's supposed to rain Sunday but I'm hoping Monday isn't too bad.



4 comments:

  1. Such pretty rows of flying geese, Rosemary--looks like this will be a lovely piece...Pretty chilly here with the rain this afternoon...catching up on my blog reading and did a bit of sewing...hugs for a Happy Memorial Day Weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's definitely cool today. I've been indoors doing a little cleaning and cutting my next blocks. I'm hoping you're feeling better. Happy Memorial Day!!

      Delete
  2. I love the colors in this one, Rosemary. Your flying geese are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I can't take credit for the fabrics since it was a kit but they are pretty and look so nice together. The flying geese look good but don't look too closely!

      Delete

Some Shopping and Some Borders

I've been quilting and trying to keep cool in this heat. I did manage to go to a quilt shop and bought this adorable needle minder. It...