It was a hot day today and it's only getting hotter. I finished making the Whiskas N Catnip quilt top last week and I really don't want to start a new quilt. I started to load the quilt top on the longarm. Since it's so big, I've been loading it very slowly! I loaded the backing yesterday and the quilt top today. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll get to it. I'm just taking my time. I bought a light grey Fil-tec thread for quilting. I'm looking forward to custom quilting this top. There's some nice open areas that will be fun to quilt!
I started a pair of socks for my daughter-in-law. We bought the yarn together when we went to the yarn show a few months ago. It's a very pretty lace weight Berocco Vintage Sock yarn that is pink. Hard to tell from this picture.
I hope to stay home and keep cool!


Good start on those socks, rosemary--stay cool and hydrated during this crazee hot spell..."Feels Like" 116 here at 1 p.m.!! Thank heavens for AC--
ReplyDeletewell worth the investment--[no global warming tho; huh? hahaha]
Hugs, Julierose
Thank, Julierose! I stayed indoors today. I went on the deck a few times and that was enough for me! What would we do without air conditioning???? Don't forget, some people still think the earth is flat!
DeletePretty pink sock yarn and pattern too. I'm looking forward to see WNC finished, it's a beautiful quilt. I don't envy you the heat, stay inside and stay cool. It's the cooler season here, or 'winter' as the locals say. We had 78.8F / 69% humidity yesterday, perfect for me!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Astrid! I'm slowly quilting WNC since there are too many decisions to make! The heat isn't as bad as the humidity! The air is just so thick and heavy. Your weather sounds much better!!
Delete