Tuesday, July 21, 2026

More Quilting/Ruler Work

I've been working a little bit each on day Whiskas N Catnip Quilt. It's 97" square so it's big and each square is different except for the corner squares in one of the borders. It's a little bit of a challenge coming up with a new design for each block. As you can see, I am using ruler work with all sorts of loops and arcs.

There's some curved cross hatching as well as ribbon candy and more arcs.


I treated these 3 rectangles as one big rectangle that measures 6" X 12". I made that big diamond in the middle and then free styled the rest of the block. I had to take a picture so I could remember what I had quilted. I think I have 8 of these blocks throughout the quilt. It's easier and it will look better if I just do the same thing to each area. 

I'm starting the center block which is much larger than the rest of the blocks in the quilt. I'm hoping to come up with ideas for that one soon! I feel I'm making pretty good progress. It's just not very easy to come up with new ideas!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Quilting/Ruler Work

I've been working a little bit each on day Whiskas N Catnip Quilt. It's 97" square so it's big and each square is different...