Thursday, February 20, 2014

Back to Sewing!


I finally got back to my sewing machine today! I've had a busy stretch at work but I'm finally off for a few days. I couldn't wait to get back and finish my latest block for the Tone It Down Quilt Along sponsored by American Patchwork and Quilting. I didn't have too much to do since the block was partially sewn together.


Here are the three blocks all together. I think I like it! It's so great to hunt through my stash and find fabrics I had forgotten I even had. I've already started cutting the pieces for the next block. As you can tell, it takes many pieces per block. I need 20 blocks. I'll get there, eventually!!

I was hoping I could have shown you the feathers I quilted today. However, the photographs didn't come out too good. I used black thread on a marble black fabric. It's impossible to see. I'll post pictures when I work on a different part of the quilt. I'm hoping you'll be able to actually see what I quilted!

8 comments:

  1. like those blocks x hope you are having fun with the quilting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great block to sew! It takes a while to cut but seems to sew up quickly.

      Delete
  2. Looking good! Great way to use up the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping to make that stash a little smaller!

      Delete
  3. The blocks are looking good. I love all of the little pieces. I am cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tone it down blocks are coming along nicely! It does looks like a great block for using up stash or scraps! It is going to be a beautiful quilt I will be looking forward to seeing your progress. Glad you found a couples days to sew. Thanks for visiting my blog too! I always enjoy your visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanie! It's a nice pattern to work on and it feels good to use up my stash. Thanks for visiting my blog too! I love your visits!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...