Friday, March 28, 2014

McTavishing Project Piece Complete!

 

I have had a blast trying to learn McTavishing with Amy from Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventures.  I started this little practice piece and have kept working on it throughout the month. I'm going to bind it and actually use it. It may turn out to be a little wall hanging or even a table topper. I'm going to try it out in a few different places and see what I like best!


Here's a closeup. It's a really interesting quilting pattern. I did try making one long wavy line and then filling it in but it just didn't seem to work for me. I do much better by making a shorter wavy line and working in smaller sections. The videos Amy posted over the last month have really helped me out. I understand she's going to continue to sponsor free motion quilt alongs every Monday. I'll be joining along! It's a great opportunity to learn. Hope some of you take a look and try some too!

I'll be adding this post to Amy's Linky Party for Week 4! See you there!!

12 comments:

  1. Love this...yes, I was going to participate as well, but just was too busy with my own projects and before I knew it this Quilt Along had started and I was still piecing. Will be joining though if this continues on a Monday...great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! Hope you participate! It's a nice way to learn new patterns.

      Delete
  2. the practice is paying off .. looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful quilting. It'll look just grand in your home!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was more fun than I thought it would be!

      Delete
  4. Wow Rosemary! You did a great job! That's nice that you can figure out what works best for you as in working shorter distances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I'm much better sewing short wavy lines. My long ones looked pretty awful! I'm just glad I found something that works for me. Happy Birthday!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...