Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dresden FMQ

 
 
I'm making more progress quilting my Dresden Plate quilt. I've completed machine quilting 8 blocks and have started the 9th. I'm outlining each appliqued Dresden Plate and then McTavishing the background. I noticed the sashing was looking a little puffy from all that heavy quilting. I was afraid I might get puckers when I finally got to the sashing area. As soon as my bobbin ran out, I decided to try quilting the sashing.
 



As you can see, it came out fine! That was a load off my mind! I did pin the sashing at first, but decided it wasn't needed. I'm so happy to see it's working out! I had heard if you stabilize the whole quilt, you don't have to work from the center towards the outer edges. It's the first time I tried that method. I stitched around each block before I started my quilting.



 I'm liking it so far! Here's another area. So glad I can just keep going!


I joined the Mystery Quilt at my guild. These are the fabrics I chose. That middle fabric is gray. The colors don't look very good in this picture. The yellow is from the Grudge line by Moda. It has odd textures sort of thrown in all over the fabric. The accent fabric actually has purple in it. I couldn't find anything that looked good except for that gray. Hope it works out! Mystery quilts are a little tough when it comes to choosing fabrics.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting. The sashing design is my new all time favourite...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! It's quick and so easy to do!

      Delete

Log Cabin for Christmas

The Log Cabin for my neighbor is done! I'll call her at the beginning of the week to give her the good news. She wanted to have it ...