Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard and Sewing



This was the view from my front door a few hours ago. That's my lamp post that looks so tiny! I think we got around 2 feet of snow but I'm not really sure. It's still snowing!

Here's  few more pictures from the storm.


This is my back door this morning at 8am. The snow did pile up even higher during the course of the day.


Here's my husband trying to make a path to our shed.


I added another row to the Downton Abbey quilt. I really love working on it. The rows are taking a longer time now. My next row will be made up of 9 blocks. After that row, the quilt top will be half done. I hope to have the top done while Downton Abbey is still on television.

 
Just a different angle of the quilt top so far.

Just heard the driving ban will be over at midnight tonight. Snow should end sometime before that. Such a long storm. I'm so lucky to have had the days off from work. Hope everyone stays safe!

8 comments:

  1. glad you had power and stayed safe, Rosemary. that DA quilt will be beautiful--I admit, I sent for a mini charm of it--well, there goes the diet!! ;--000
    But it's just such a little bite of fabric...lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got through the storm better than I had expected. I don't think small bits of fabric count! You're still doing great on your fabric diet!
      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Our deck had snow up to the doorknobs, too. Crazy!
    So glad we didn't lose electricity...got to have power to run the sewing machine!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pretty good day! I kept sewing and loved that I didn't have to go anywhere!

      Delete
  3. we had 30 inches here and I would be happy to see no more snow for this year. I still have shovelling to do. but gotta go sew first we too never lost power for which I am grateful. love your DA quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad the power stayed on! I got a lot done!! I heard another storm on Friday! Hope not!

      Delete
  4. Love both the snow and the quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take any credit for the snow! I feel as thought we've had enough now but there may be more snow Friday!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...