Thursday, March 23, 2017

Clam Shell Block

No automatic alt text available.

Here is my Clam Shell block for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I really love the color combination. These are the fabrics I used throughout the quilt. I'm very close to sewing the quilt top together and I hope the quilt has the same look as this block.

I have one more pieced block left. I can't wait to sew this quilt together! Of course, the applique border will take awhile but it will be an achievement to just have the blocks sewn together.


Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell

I've enjoyed this quilt so much that I've already bought her latest pattern. This quilt has no applique blocks. All blocks are pieced. Maybe it will be faster to make?? I'll find out!!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely colors in your clam shells, can't wait to see this one all together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabrics in that clamshell block! The new pattern looks challenging, but will be amazing when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! These quilts are fun to work on and you learn a lot at the same time!

      Delete
  3. Oh you! I've been thinking about this since yesterday. I might decide to join you on this one when the time comes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it! We could have our own quilt a long!! Let me know when you decide!!

      Delete
    2. When do you think you might be ready to start? ( I will have to order the pattern.)

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...