Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Border for Green Tea and Sweet Beans

No automatic alt text available.

It's so hard to get a good picture of a border. Too long! It measures 8 inches wide and 60 inches long. I took a few close up pictures also.

No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.

I love using different green fabrics for the stem. It makes the border so interesting. I'm reusing a lot of my freezer paper so it's actually a little faster. I have everything marked with a water soluble blue marker so it's easy to work on one small section at a time. 

Image may contain: indoor

This picture gives you an idea of how the border will look on the quilt. I like it! An appliqued border takes a while but adds so much to the quilt. I'm looking forward to making more borders. I think I'll make the top next since it will be a mirror image of the bottom border. Another great way to use scraps!

4 comments:

  1. Making good progress! I like your choice of pink for the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Em! I wasn't too sure about the pink fabric when I bought it but I think it's fine too.

      Delete
  2. Love that pink border so much..this quilt is lovely--nice work hugs, Julieose

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...