Monday, October 16, 2017

Christmas Mittens

No automatic alt text available.

I thought I would start making a few early Christmas gifts. I haven't made mittens in a very long time! I thought I would give it a try. So far so good! I figure once you're past the thumb, you're okay!
This is just some yarn I had in my stash. (Yes, I seem to have a yarn stash as well as a fabric stash!) I really love the cable running through the middle of the mitten. 

Image may contain: 2 people

The pattern comes from this book. I found this book years ago when Borders was going out of business. There are some really great patterns in this book. So glad I bought it! I still miss Borders, by the way.

I'll post a picture when I finish the mitten. Hope it turns out okay! Might make a few pairs if successful!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely mitten--I still miss borders, too! I had to frog my slouchey hat--the pattern just didn't look right ;(((
    so back to working on my HAPpy shawl....that one will go on forEVER I think....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I hope you can fix your hat. The shawl you're working on is beautiful! It's so relaxing to sit and knit. I love it especially in the cooler weather.

      Delete
  2. Very nice mitten pattern with that cable.
    I promised myself I would not have a yarn stash but you would never know it by looking in my closet!
    p.s. I made the beaded necklace shown on the cover of that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Do you have the same book? So many cute patterns. I think the yarn stash multiplies just like the fabric stash!!

      Delete
  3. I too have a yarn stash.......not enough hours in the day to do all I want lol nice mittens and cool book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! The hard part is finding the time to do everything we plan. I need more hours in the day!!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...