Thursday, September 20, 2018

New BOM Project

No automatic alt text available.

I had a few days off in a row this week. I had planned on doing some quilting and cutting some fabric. I did absolutely nothing! I came down with a chest cold and fever and I've been on the couch all week! I'm hoping to be able to work tomorrow. Lucky me. I get healthy just in time to work. Anyways, the guild is starting a new block of the month. You need 7 or 8 eight fat quarters. I had bought this package of fat quarters a while ago. I think it's the state flowers fabric. Anyways, they're perfect for this project.

No automatic alt text available.

I bought extra of this fabric which was in the fat quarter package. I'm going to use it for the backing of the Dream Big panel. 

Image may contain: flower

This is my Dream Big Panel. It looks more green than this picture shows.

No automatic alt text available.

I bought this fabric for the background of the block of the month project. It's white not grey like this picture! I couldn't just buy a solid. I love the little dots!

I just hope this virus goes away soon. I hate being sick. I feel like I'm wasting my time off just laying on the cough. I've been catching up on some shows I've recorded on my DVR. I'd rather be sewing!




8 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry you are not feeling well; I hate it when that happens, too. You just don't feel well enough to do anything, but want to get back to sewing etc...hope you are better soon.
    I LOVE those flower fabrics--so pretty..they look like you ;)))
    I will be looking forward to seeing your BOM come together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! It's been a week and I'm finally feeling better.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, so sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you are doing the BOM too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I hope the BOM comes out nicely. I'm finally feeling better. I'll probably have a cough for awhile.

      Delete
  3. I do remember those "sicky" times....hope recovery comes soon! I am hooked on those "Dream Big" panels....sigh. So many ideas/so little time (energy?). Love the BOM fabric and will be anxious to see this unfold in the coming (many) days. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doreen! I'm finally feeling better. I never called in sick to work but I think I would have felt better if I had stayed home! Oh well, I'm on the mend and that's what matters!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...