Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby Quilt is Done!!


I am so happy to say I have finished my baby quilt! I finished it late last night. It's pretty good timing since the baby shower is this Sunday. I love the way it came out and hope the person I give it to will love it as much as I do. I love making quilts as gifts but am sort of sad to give them away. I guess I feel somewhat connected to it but I do want someone to actually use it and enjoy it.

Here's a close up of the free motion quilting. It's the only quilting I feel comfortable with other than stitching in the ditch.
I like the look of a somewhat crinkled up quilt top. The meandering adds some sort of depth to the whole quilt. I think it's a nice way to finish a quilt but I would also like to have more of a variety of stitches that I can finish a quilt. I'm back to practicing more free motion quilting!! This may take a while!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Rosemary!! I am so proud of your completion !! Hip Hip Hurray!! You did an awesome job with your quilting too!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background on this one--and your machine quilting really makes it so cozy looking. Great work. Don't you feel as if the quilt is your "baby"??? Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Rosemary!

    -Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty baby quilt! It's the perfect project
    link in to this week’s theme of Baby Quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...