Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Slab Runner Quilted

No automatic alt text available.

Here's my slab table runner. I'm enjoying the process of sewing down the binding. It's a great excuse to watch television!

Image may contain: plant and flower

This is the backing fabric. I've had it in my stash for years. I bought it at Keepsake Quilting. It was in their bargain area. I thought the colors as well as the print was just perfect for this runner. 

No automatic alt text available.

This is the first time I've loaded a smaller item onto the longarm. It was pretty easy. I finished it so fast!
No automatic alt text available. 

I quilted all over feathers. I thought this would be a great way to practice. I made small feathers and large feathers to fill different area.I think they came out well. I'm happy with my table runner. Such a fun project helped along by my blogging friends!



8 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh..what gorgeous quilting you do...and that backing is just perfect...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I just finished sewing down the binding tonight! Such a nice project!

      Delete
  2. awesome and that fabric is perfect! almost tempted to send you mine to quilt it up for me....LOL I wish I had room for a longarm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great that you had the perfect backing fabric from your stash. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good think I bought that fabric even though I had no idea what I was going to do with it! Sure came in handy!

      Delete
  4. How nice to see this all quilted - I loved the colours first time you posted - and the feathers are ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your nice comment! It's always so nice to complete a project.

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...