Monday, November 13, 2017

FMQ Quilting Finished!

No automatic alt text available.

I finished my whole cloth table runner. I've never quilted this many swirls! I had such a great time working on this piece. I'm actually thinking of making another! There are 2 more whole cloth projects in Longarm Quilting Workbook. These are fun and fast as well as great way to learn new motifs and patterns.

No automatic alt text available.

Here's a closeup. I wasn't sure how my quilting would look. Some of these patterns are new to me. I'm happy with the overall effect. Not perfect but good. Much better than I expected!

I've been diligently working on my neighbor's quilt. I'm sewing down the binding by hand. I'm so happy to say I'm on the very last side! Almost done! She'll have her quilt in plenty of time for Christmas. 

8 comments:

  1. great job Rosemary. you are just a quilting machine LOL and how nice that the neighbor will have hers for Christmas. so sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I really love trying new patterns on the long arm. I'm starting to get more comfortable. Took long enough!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilting on your whole cloth piece...lovely swirls! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Trying to figure out what to practice next!!

      Delete
  3. Looks great Rosemary. You are becoming an expert machine quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Rosemary! I scrolled down through your blog and noticed an Avante quilting machine. Did you invest in a longarm? Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've had Photobuck probably closes to 10 years. I will have to remember to download photos privately on facebook. That is a great idea. Happy quilting! Nice to touch base with bloggers. I have been so out of the loop for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Joanie! Yes, I bought a new to me HandiQuilter Avante. Someone bought it and decided she didn't like it. I couldn't resist! Hope you're back to blogging. I've always enjoyed reading your posts!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...