Thursday, February 22, 2018

Quilt Shopping Spree

Image may contain: text

I've been drooling over this fabric for awhile. It's the Lemon Tree Collection by Tilda. I wanted to buy a fat quarter bundle from Fat Quarter Shop but it was out of stock. As soon as it was back, I grabbed it! I just love the colors and beautiful patterns. The colors are so rich and coordinate so well! I'm very happy I got it when I did!

No automatic alt text available.

I also bought this pattern. I love the idea of making a rug from jelly rolls. You could even make the strips yourself from whatever yardage you have at home. I can't wait to try!

I have a few things to finish first but I have lots of nice stuff to look forward to! I'll post when I start using these items. 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty fabric bundle!! My Grand-mere used to make rag rugs--she had a special tool for them...
    sounds like fun; will be looking forward to seeing how it goes......hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I couldn't pass up that fabric! Looking forward to rug making too!

      Delete
  2. Pretty fabric collection! Looks like it would work nicely in a Jen Kingwell pattern. (hint hint! LOL!)
    Great idea for jelly roll strips, especially when you have a few leftover from a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I just couldn't resist this fabric line. I would love to use scraps for the rug. I'll have to look into it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...