Monday, June 4, 2018

Dawn's Challenge

Image may contain: stripes

Dawn, who blogs at sewyouquilt2, has issued a challenge. The first step is to cut 20 ten inch squares. I went through my fabric stash and chose the above fabrics. I seem to have a little bit of many different colors. I guess I'm going for that rainbow look! 

No automatic alt text available.

Here's another look at my fabrics. I plan on using the same fabric for sashing to keep one constant in the quilt top. I'm not sure what this will look like but I know it's going to be fun!!

9 comments:

  1. Nice array of fabrics you have chosen there...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I hope it works out okay. I suppose not knowing is part of the fun!

      Delete
  2. Love your squares girl. Will be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm cutting out the sashing now. I'm going to try and stick to one fabric so it will look a little more cohesive.

      Delete
    2. Yes.once you cut sashing for the first one or light, you can start sewing .we will cut 10 inch and 14 inch strips by 2.5 and frame our color blocks.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun mix of fabrics. I think they "play well" together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could use a scrappy mix of these as your dark strips to join. That would be scrappy fun. Check out moda stepping down quilt.that is our quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My light sashing is all cut and I will sew them onto the blocks in the next few days. I'm still undecided about the dark sashing. I'll think of something!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...