Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Starting Step Down Quilt

No automatic alt text available.

Here are my first 2 rows of Step Down Quilt. The directions are a little bit quirky but I'm catching on! There are 5 rows of blocks and 6 rows of sashing that make the "step" look. After all the rows are sewn together, the edges need to be trimmed. The first row of blocks sets the correct width for the rest of the quilt. 

I think these blocks will be great for me to practice some free motion fillers. I'm so glad Dawn at sewyouquilt2 invited me to sew along with her. This is a free quilt since it's all coming from my stash. (Who cares that I paid for the fabric at some point??) I'm hoping to get this one done very soon!

6 comments:

  1. Loving the dark blue "steps" on this Rosemary...if the fabrics are in the stash and you use them--what you paid doesn't count hahaha hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pattern! I like how the sashing unites all the different fabrics. Great stashbuster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, this pattern was so fast and so easy! I just finished the quilt top this afternoon. The directions are a little wonky but not too bad.

      Delete
  3. Love your quilt Rosemary. The blue is perfect to frame those blocks.cant wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I can't believe how quick this pattern is! I finished the quilt top this afternoon. I still have to iron and trim it.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...