Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Jelly-Roll Rugs


 No automatic alt text available.

I'm working on my jelly-roll rugs using the pattern by R.J. Designs. You can see 2 very neat piles of 2 jelly rolls in this picture. I basically sewed each strip together in the same manner we sew binding strips. 

No automatic alt text available.

Here are what the 2 piles look like while I was sewing them together! I was invited to my friend's house for a sewing afternoon. I thought the jelly-roll rugs would be the best project to work on. I think I made a mess of her room but I did have fun talking while sewing! I also enjoyed the fruit salad she made! It was so refreshing!

No automatic alt text available.

I started to make my batting strips. This is my pile from today! I saw that you can buy the strips already made for the rugs but I've been saving my batting especially for these rugs. It would have been faster but I do like using leftovers from other projects. 

No automatic alt text available.

I used fusible batting tape to make my individual batting strips into one large strip!

No automatic alt text available.

I wound the batting strip while I measured how much I had cut. I'm about 2/3 of the way there for one rug. I guess I'll be cutting more tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun project. Will be watching......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my rug comes out good! I've been watching tutorials to get it right!

      Delete
  2. Whew, that's a lot of batting! Love your Kaffe Fassett fabrics. These rugs will be too pretty to walk on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The batting role just kept growing! Even if these rugs get walked on, they're washable!

      Delete
  3. WOW--that looks like your rug will be so pretty with all those shades of purples/blues...I really like the idea of a jellyroll rug--my Grand-mere used to make woolen braided rugs and I still have her tools for pulling the fabrics together while stitching by hand...she was an amazing all-round seamstress...have fun with this project--will be looking forward to seeing your progress hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the hand braided rugs. My college roommate had a few her grandmother had made. They were so durable! I hope these rugs come out good. It's been fun so far!

      Delete
  4. Wow can't wait to see the completed rug. Your projects are always so well made and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is one of the nicest comments I've ever received!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...