Thursday, July 19, 2018

Old and New!

Image may contain: bedroom and indoor

I made this quilt about 15 years ago. It's called Starry Night. I signed up for a Block of the Month. I would receive directions as well as fabric to complete each set of instructions. My son's room needed something new for his bed so I decided on this quilt. It's large enough and actually matches the blue dust ruffle and curtains. I washed it and let it dry outside. I'm so glad to be using after all this time!

Image may contain: coffee cup, drink and indoor

I bought this cute mug this week. I just couldn't resist it! I've already used it for my morning coffee. I'm a sucker for quilty accessories!

10 comments:

  1. I remember when you made that quilt! I didn't know you hadn't had a chance to use it. Nice to see it on the bed.
    Cute mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I didn't realize the quilt was large enough to be used on a bed. So glad I'm using it!

      Delete
  2. Cute mug--(envy envy!!;))) ) Beautiful quilt--it looks so special on the bed--lovely work Rosemary hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! So glad I'm finally using that quilt.

      Delete
  3. It's perfect for your son's room! Glad you got it finished and using it. P.S. I'm kinda a sucker for quilty things too. Come on over to my place, and I'll show you, lol! And bring your mug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barb! It's nice to see the quilt being used. I end up buying anything with a quilt on it. I just can't pass it up!

      Delete
  4. Love it on the bed
    And who wouldn't love your mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starry Night is beautiful and looks perfect on your son's bed. Coffee mug is irresistible - what quilter wouldn't want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Joanie! I'm glad the quilt is finally being used. I tend to buy lots of quilty items. I can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...