Thursday, July 16, 2026

I Like Thursday #318


It's time once again for I Like Thursday! I actually have a Thursday that's not too busy so I can post today. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more participating blogs. I finally put a label on my Facets Quilt, washed it and put it on our bed! I love this pattern. I got sick of making these blocks but they do look great! I really think a variety of scraps really makes a quilt look shine. I'm very happy with this one!


I turned the heel on the cable socks I've been making for my daughter-in-law. This is such a wonderful pattern. The pattern uses lots of great techniques including a Japanese method to make an eyelet. I guess I can still learn new things!

Our vegetable garden is coming along really well. I have to admit that this is all my husband's doing. He loves being outside and planting. I tend to forget about plants so I'm not the best. I'm lucky he loves it so much!

This week's conversation starter asks what makes a good picnic lunch. I don't go on many picnics but I do have cookouts often outside on my deck. I'll have to say it's the food! I've been at friend's cookouts and if the food isn't good, it's just not fun. I feel a nice variety of foods is the best choice. Some cookouts work whereas some others are just a chore. It's funny, but you tend to remember that over the years. 

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Facets looks fantastic on the bed! Nice work, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! So glad to see my quilts in use!

      Delete
  2. The bed look beautiful, Rosemary! I am so glad your garden is doing well! I like the colour and pattern of the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facets really looks good on the bed, Rosemary. It was stunning before but it really shines now. Love the color for the cable socks. And your garden is so lush and full. Since moving to the mountains, we do not have an in-ground garden. The soil here is more like clay and so tough to dig into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so nice to see a finished quilt being used. Our lawn is doing pretty good this year. We haven't had much rain but nothing looks dry.

      Delete

A Fun Weekend!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was a hot weekend here. We saw our son and his band perform Friday night. We had such a great time! T...